Ok, So I maybe felt a little bad about not saving any bread for my coworkers and so I maybe decided to make something else to brighten up their day. Well..on Friday at our team meeting, we obviously started to discuss my baking and what needs to be done. My manager was all for peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses on top. That sounded good, but maybe some other time. We then started to discuss bacon. And oh my…Ron Swanson would be proud of this recipe I found on Joy’s blog. Peanut butter bacon cookies AND they are flourless?!? How much win can there be in 1 cookie?
The only downfall I can see is that due to the lack of flour and butter it crumbles relatively easily. But trust me when I say it doesn’t last long enough for you to want to complain!
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Yields about 15 cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F and prepare a cookie sheet
2. In your stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter and sugars
- add the egg and baking soda and mix for an addition 2 minutes
3. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and use a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie
4. Bake for 10 minutes, let stand for 3 before transferring to an airtight container