My boyfriend and I will be getting a puppy this summer and I am oh so very excited! I have always wanted a pet, and dog sitting for his brother and sister in law has made me that much more excited for one. Their little furballs are full of so much love that you can’t help but love them.
Anyways, I have been reading a lot of dog training books and about what to feed dogs etc. I noticed that a lot of the dog treats are actually very expensive, and it may be healthier and cheaper to just make dog biscuits. Well thankfully, there are about 6 dogs I see regularly to be my taste testers. These simple treats seemed to b a big hit too!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Yields about 40-50 treats
- 2 cup whole wheat or all purpose flour (wheat is much healthier, but there isn’t anything wrong with all purpose)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a prepare a cookie sheet
1. Mix together sour cream, peanut butter, and milk
2. Whisk flour and baking powder
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined
4. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into dog bone shapes/cookie shapes of your choice
5. Bake for 20 minutes and allow to fully cool before serving!